Thursday, July 15, 2010

AAAATHANKYOOOOOO!

I am so happy and relieved to say that our Wedding Thank You cards are finally in the mail. If you had asked me on my wedding day when my thank you cards would be done, I would have told you the week we get back from St. Lucia! Unfortunately, it didn’t work out that way. Tim had the grandiose idea to let our wedding gifts trickle in pre and post wedding, then pick a night to sit down and open them up. It would be like Christmas!! Although fun and exciting, the end result was lots paper, boxes, and packing popcorn everywhere and absolute chaos from an organizational standpoint. At the time, we were still shackin’ up at Tim’s house with his roommates. There really wasn’t a place to put our new treasures, so they ended up in the corner, unwrapped, but not opened! We thought we were moving in 3 weeks, which turned into 4 weeks, which ended up being almost 5 weeks! I was living partially out of my storage unit, gym bag and Tim’s room. Needless to say, I was slightly disoriented. I had high hopes of creating a spreadsheet and busting these thank you cards out in a weekend. After all, everyone had been SO GENEROUS and traveled so far to be a part of our special day. I didn’t want that to go unnoticed. Our appreciation couldn’t be put into words, but a thank you card is great place to start! After going back in forth, waiting for our wedding pics to make the cards, I finally couldn’t wait another day, so sticking with my DIY wedding style, I MADE THEM!
It was my first time back at Paper Source since the wedding and I never knew I could miss stationary so much! I had all these great plans to duplicate my wedding invites and save the dates, but reality kicked in, and despite my inner OCD perfectionist, I went with something simple and easy. So here we are a month later, finally sending them in the mail. Even though Emily Post says you have three months, I wish we could have sent them in a timelier manner. My favorite part about the cards was reliving so many moments and being so grateful for everyone that made our wedding so amazing. Again, thank you for everything each of you has done for us! We love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment