Wednesday, June 30, 2010

"Lifey as a Wifey" Wednesday!

Lifey as a Wifey gets better and better each day, but the challenges are getting greater and greater. The “I” goes out the window, and the “we” quickly replaces it. Usually in a positive way, but its not easy letting go of your individuality to become one together. Although I am still learning, I have realized that the best thing I can do for my husband is support him with my love and prayers. My mom sent me excerpts from a book called, “Praying God’s Will for your Husband,” along with a letter to me emphasizing the need for committed prayer in a relationship, especially for our husbands. I was so moved with this gesture, that it brought me to tears. Stormie Omartian says it perfectly, “I can think of no better way to truly love your husband than by lifting him up in prayer on a consistent basis. It is a priceless gift that helps him experience God’s blessings and grace.”

The book is broken out into chapters that correspond with certain needs of our husbands. Check out the table of contents hereIt’s not meant to be read cover to cover, but moreso as a daily devotion based upon the current needs, or simply just to lift him up in prayer!
My commitment is to put my pride aside at times, especially when I’m not his #1 fan at the moment, and pray God’s will for Tim. I believe in the power of prayer, and I am excited to see the blessings God has in store in our marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment