Saturday, September 18, 2010

Friends with Family on Friday!

Everyone has their vices to get them through their work week, and this week mine was looking forward to a visit with one of my bestest friends, Jessica! I was lucky enough to not only get face time with J-Diddy herself, but the whole Walke clan, Maliya and baby Easton too!  It's been two months since I've seen Jess and the kids, and this time we were on my turf, so it was fun to play hostess and show them around our new diggs.  We started our afternoon together with a nice stroll on the beach with the kids.
It was a beautiful day out with dozens of surfers in the water, and families and dogs all over the place, so we fit right in.  Jessica even let me strap on the Baby Bjorn and walk with little Easton.  I couldn't get enough of him!  At two months old, he is the cutest, sweetest, cuddliest little baby I have ever met.  I didn't want to put him down and snuggled with my new man every chance I got! I've come down with some serious baby fever, and I was trying to get Tim to catch on, but I could tell he was slightly taken back by it all. After Tim went running for the hills, the four of us went for a family dinner at BJ's Brewery in Carlsbad. We splurged on their spinach artichoke dip and Mediterranean Pizza, but opted out of their infamous Pazooki.  Only because we had better dessert plans in mind! On our way home we stopped for Dreyer's Slow Churned Peanut Butter Cup ice cream and topped it off with Toll House Chocolate Chip cookie dough for baking! Once we put the babes to bed, we ate ourselves into an oblivion over some much needed catching up.
Even though I keep up with the Walke Files on Jessica's blog, it was so great to see her and the kids. There's nothing like time with friends, and now in this stage in life, friends with families.It was hard to say goodbye to my snugglebug Easton and his sassy sista Maliya, and of course Jess, but I'm already looking forward to her next visit later next month.  
LOVE YOU J-DiDDy :)
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Aww... i thought i commented on this; but it must not have saved. Thank you so much for a fun weekend. We had a blast and I absolutely love your place!!!

    ReplyDelete