Sunday, November 14, 2010

Lovely Lady Lumps

Last weekend I had the honor of participating in the Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure here in San Diego.  I'm always a fan of a good cause and although I don't have a personal connection with Komen, I admire their tenacity in bringing awareness of Breast Cancer across the globe.  It certainly doesn't have to be February or October to Think Pink and "Save the Tatas!" Over eleven thousand San Diegans, along with myself and a few co-workers, raised over $400,000 for the Cure and sprinted through the finish line in a 5k Race.  It was such an inspiration to be surrounded by cancer survivors and their loved ones, as well as dozens of local and national vendors all in the name of saving our Lovely Lady Lumps(Thank you Fergie)! I couldn't resist snapping photos of complete strangers in their crazy pink get ups, as even the pups got into the philanthropic spirit! I walked away blessed from my experience with Komen and can't wait to participate in another race soon. Not to mention my fave (and local!) Bachelorette couple Alli and  Roberto made an appearance (eek!) and I placed 5th in my age group!
Post Race with my Running Buddy :)
This pink wig speaks for itself=Awesome.
I love anything Matchy Matchy ;)
Yeeehaaawwww!
Pooches in pink!
The Finish Line!
A little Celebratory Champagne? Duh.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment